LFV streamlines Nordic air traffic services
09 March 08:03
As of 15 February, LFV provides new technical services to air navigation service providers in Iceland (Isavia) and Denmark (Naviair). These services streamline their production of flight information and are the result of a successful Nordic collaboration.
‘This is a great success for us. We have created a service that complies with EU regulatory requirements and we have initiated a collaboration with our Nordic colleagues that resulted in this unique offer of a solution that includes both technology, maintenance, training, and support’, says LFV's Director General Ann Persson Grivas.
The EU requires air navigation service providers to share costs and risks. LFV has achieved the objective through a modern system architecture and coordination between several different stakeholders. The Italian company IDS (Ingegneria Dei Sistemi) has created the software, which LFV then develops and resells according to the established business model SaaS – Software as a Service.
FACTS ABOUT L-CAPS
- L-CAPS stands for LFV Comprehensive AIM Production Service and includes functionality for NOTAM, Pre-flight briefing for AIS and MET, AIP, map production, flight plan management, design of flight procedures.
- Business model with technical service, training, and support in line with future European development of services. Called SaaS = Software as a Service.
- Modern and cyber-secured infrastructure and system architecture which is repetitive, scalable, and mobile.
- Recognised in 2019 by the European Commission with a special mention for the realisation of the Single European Sky.
- If you fly around the earth at our latitudes, you spend just over a quarter of the time in airspace where L-CAPS is used.